Friday, February 25, 2011

Review: Happy Ever After by Nora Roberts

As the public face of Vows wedding planning company, Parker Brown has an uncanny knack for fulfilling every bride's vision. She just can't see where her own life is headed. Mechanic Malcomb Kavanaugh loves figuring out how things work, and Parker is no exception. Both know that moving from minor flirtation to major hook-up is a serious step. Parker's business risks have always paid off, but now she'll have to take the chance of a lifetime with her heart...


Finally -- Parker and Mal! 

Unfortunately, I was a little disappointed because this novel seemed to encompass all the couples rather than strictly focus on Parker and Mal.  Certainly, they've been dancing around one another since Savor the Moment; I guess I just wanted Happy Ever After to be solely their story, rather than watch the Vows team planning their own respective weddings, in addition to the other weddings already on the schedule.
 
One moment I truly enjoyed:

“Why don’t you ask me in, Parker?”

She intended to say no, had intended to say no since she’d dressed for the evening.  Too soon, too much, too risky.

She opened the door, held out her hand. “Come in, Malcolm.”

He took her hand, shoved the door closed behind him.  His gaze stayed on hers, compelling, the only contact but palm to palm.

“Ask me upstairs. Ask me into your bed.”

She felt her heart beat, rapid kicks at the base of her throat. Be sensible, she ordered herself. Be careful.
Instead she moved into him this time, took for herself this time by laying her lips on his.

“Come upstairs, Malcolm. I want you in my bed.”

*fans self*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails