Friday, July 8, 2011

I Think I Love You...

Game of Thrones




I haven't read the books, had honestly never heard of them until the HBO series, but now I cannot stop thinking about these characters.  I've gone so far as to stalk forums for speculations and I've read each book's synopsis on Wikipedia.

Obsessed much???

Specifically, I wonder if all the questions I have -- who is Jon Snow's mother?  why is his last name Snow if he wasn't born in the North?  will Jon ever discover the truth?  who is going to bring the Lannisters to justice and restore the peace to Westeros?  -- will be answered and if the open plot threads will be tied up once all the books have been published.

I have A Game of Thrones on hold at my library, but I'm quite intimidated by the multiple points of view, the sheer number of characters and their connections/allegiances.  I think my brain might explode, though I believe I have a good base for keeping everything straight, thanks to this pre-reading binge.

What I really really want to know about is Lyanna Stark and Rhaegar Targaryen.  Somebody point me to that prequel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails