Friday, April 20, 2012

Review: The Wolf Who Loved Me by Lydia Dare


A new sexy Regency paranormal trilogy by bestselling
author Lydia Dare features hunky werewolves who need
to learn how to behave in polite society. Can this pack of
‘gentlemen’ be trained in the ways of the ton, or is it too
late to teach an old Lycan new tricks?

Lady Madeline Hayburn is called upon to lend her
respectability and introduce the Hadley brothers to
society. Mr. Weston Hadley admires her from afar, yet his
very presence draws her in...



Unfortunately, I was a little disappointed in this new book from Ms. Dare.  I loved (loved, loved) the original trilogy and could even make some concessions for The Taming of the Wolf, which introduced Dash and the Hadley brothers and spun off into the series featuring the coven.

The Wolf Who Loved Me, while a quick read, was one of those books when after I finish it, I have to ask myself what just happened.  The plot seemed thin, yet one of the best moments of the book -- Weston's shifting in front of Madeline -- didn't offer as much angst as I had hoped.        


(A very special thank you to Sourcebooks Casablanca and NetGalley for providing me with an ARC of The Wolf Who Loved Me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails