Monday, January 28, 2013

Review: The Downfall of a Good Girl by Kimberly Lane


"Why would you decide to seduce me? And why now after all these years?"
 
Southern debutante Vivienne LaBlanc can't believe bad-boy rock star Connor Mansfield is back in town for the New Orleans annual Saints and Sinners pageant. He has a reputation as wicked as his devilish smile, and Vivi has no intention of becoming one of his latest groupies!

He once crushed her high school heart, so playing the saint to Connor's sinner should be easy. But how can Vivi get those less than angelic thoughts out of her head—especially when Connor's so good at tempting her to be bad?

A sweet romance from a new Harlequin imprint KISS, so I wasn't sure what to expect when I began The Downfall of a Good Girl.  I think I secretly hoped there would be a lot of sexual tension between Vivi and Connor, so I was disappointed when moments that could have knocked my socks off between the two didn't.   It's my understanding the KISS line is marketed as a more sensual romance, but I didn't find that to be true at all with The Downfall of a Good Girl.  (I haven't read any other KISS books  yet either.)

I also didn't like the high-school mentality of Vivi.  She seemed to be stuck on an incident that happened between she and Connor in high school rather than focusing on the man he was now, ten years removed.  It was a conflict between the two that I didn't believe, especially since Connor had to be reminded by Vivi about the incident. 

Overall, The Downfall of a Good Girl was a good way to pass an afternoon and give this new imprint a try.  I will read another before passing final judgment. 

(A very special thank you to Harlequin and NetGalley for providing me with an ARC of The Downfall of a Good Girl.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails