Monday, January 27, 2014

Review: Romancing the Duke by Tessa Dare



As the daughter of a famed author, Isolde Ophelia Goodnight grew up on tales of brave knights and fair maidens.  She never doubted romance would be in her future, too.  The storybooks offered endless possibilities.

And as she grew older, Izzy crossed them off.  One by one by one.
  • Ugly duckling turned swan?
  • Abducted by handsome highwayman?
  • Rescued from drudgery by charming prince?
No, no, and . . . Heh.

Now Izzy’s given up yearning for romance. She’ll settle for a roof over her head.  What fairy tales are left over for an impoverished twenty-six year-old woman who’s never even been kissed?

This one.



Tessa Dare slays me with almost every novel.  And while Romancing the Duke is a wonderful start to a new series, I was skeptical when I first began it.  It was...different.  It was...unusual.  Perhaps I'd spent too much time in Spindle Cove (Ms. Dare's previous series), so the thought of opening myself to new characters and experiences was too much.  But I decided I would of course love it because I typically love all of Ms. Dare's books and kept reading. 

His first glimpse of Izzy Goodnight was to see her bathed in gold.  The sunlight showed him, in blazing relief, a slender gracefully curved silhouette and a corona of wild, loose hair that seemed to be afire.  Holy God. 
It was as easy as that, to fall in love with Izzy Goodnight and Ransom, Duke of Rothbury.  They are both carrying secrets;, they bother each other -- in the best ways, of course.

Romancing the Duke is a wonderful beginning to what I'm sure will be another wonderful series by Ms. Dare. 

How many counts were in forever?  That's how long she wanted this to last. 
(A very special thank you to Avon Romance, Harper Collins, and Edelweiss for providing me with an ARC of Romancing the Duke.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails