Friday, June 4, 2010

Review: Tall, Dark, and Wolfish by Lydia Dare


He's lost the most important part of himself...

Lord Benjamin Westfield is a powerful werewolf-until one full moon when he doesn't change. His life now shattered, he rushes off to Scotland in search of the healer who can restore his inner beast, only to find she's not at all what he expected...
 
She would make him whole, if she could...

Young, beautiful witch Elspeth Campbell will do anything to help anyone who calls upon her healing arts. Then Lord Benjamin shows up, and she suddenly discovers she may need him even more than he needs her...

I'll be honest and admit I'd hoped Will's book would be the next in this series.  But Benjamin won me over.

His anguish of not changing and the lengths he went to to reclaim his wolf are striking.  As are Elspeth's coven sisters who want to protect not only Elspeth but their coven.  (That doesn't mean I agree with the sisters or their actions, though at times they were great comic relief.)  I was glad to learn more about Benjamin's and Elspeth's connection, and I hope the parts of their story left untold will make an appearance in future series books.  My only quibble contains a sort of spoiler, which I won't reveal, but Ms. Dare rectified the situation in the final chapters.

I'm looking forward to the final book in this outstanding trilogy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails