Monday, December 22, 2014

Review: Merry Christmas, Baby by Jill Shalvis


SEASON'S KISSES . . .

Wild child Chloe Thompson can't believe how much things have changed. She still can't get enough of her sexy husband Sawyer, but he seems to prefer working to impending fatherhood. So tonight, a very pregnant Chloe is escaping her troubles at the town Christmas party.

Sheriff Sawyer Thompson hopes surprising Chloe at the party will give him a chance to set things right. But as the snow begins to fall and the wind rages, he wonders whether he can make it back in time. While mother nature conspires to keep Sawyer and Chloe apart, an unexpected arrival will require them to kiss and make up . . . and ring in the happiest holiday Lucky Harbor has ever seen.


The first three Lucky Harbor books (Simply Irresistible, The Sweetest Thing, and Head Over Heels) are my favorites of the entire series.   I was really excited to revisit Chloe and Sawyer just as their lives were about to change due to impending parenthood. 

I have 2 complaints: (1) it was too short.  Merry Christmas, Baby is a novella, yes, and I knew that when I started, but I still didn't want the book to be finished.  I wanted to spend more time with these core couples!  (2) I wanted to know the baby's name.  Not because it's really important; I just nosy that way!

Minor, minor quibbles in truth.  If you loved Lucky Harbor, Merry Christmas, Baby is a great addition to the series. 

(A very special thank you to Forever Romance, Grand Central Publishing, and NetGalley for providing me with an ARC of Merry Christmas, Baby.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails