Thursday, July 1, 2010

Review: Coin Operated by Ginny Glass

Elijah Elliot and Beatrix London's fledgling ad agency is under siege. Not from outside competition but by Eli and Bea's unspoken lust for each other. As their unsatisfied cravings to dominate and submit bloom into vivid daydreams, the office becomes a minefield of frustrated needs and dangerous desires. Now something's gotta give or their partnership is going to self-destruct.

When Bea unveils a racy new light bondage ad campaign for their key client, she pushes Eli to cross the line he's drawn between them—the one that keeps him from doing all the hot, sinful things she imagines he's capable of...

I wasn't certain what to expect from Ms. Glass.  A debut author, an unknown -- a lot of variables that could backfire.  Ultimately, I believe she'll be an author to watch.  Coin Operated, however, left me asking "And then?" and wanting more from Eli and Bea.  

The prose wasn't as emotional or as intense as I thought it might be, given the layers of BDSM in the novella.  There were moments, of course, early on -- during their respective fantasies, specifically -- when I believed in their connection and desire for one another.  When I reached the end though, I didn't feel 100% fulfilled; I felt like something was still missing.  Maybe I wanted to see their continued exploration of Eli's and Bea's relationship in and out of the office, I'm not sure.  That being said, I'll certainly read Ms. Glass' next release and hope to see more from her in the future (straight-up sexy contemporary, perhaps?). 

(Thanks to NetGalley and Carina Press for providing me with an ARC of this release.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails