Monday, February 4, 2013

Best of 2012


While I didn't read as many books in 2012 as I read in 2011, there are still a number of books I loved.  I've listed those I consider amazing and awesomely good in alphabetical order.  


 


Silk is for Seduction is the first book I've read by Ms. Chase.  I first noticed it at the DABWAHA tournament.  I'm so glad I took a chance! 

Scandal Wears Satin was set up in Silk is for Seduction, but it was still a very good read on its own. 


 


I've discovered I cannot go wrong with Ms. Dare.  Of all her books, there have been only 3 I've felt "eh" toward.  Them's good odds!!  A Week to be Wicked has to be my absolute all-time favorite of hers though. 




The final book of Ms. Edwards' Rising Star Chef trilogy, I was so sad to see these characters go.  Beck was stand-offish yet loveable at the same time.  I was thrilled when Beck discovered he was exactly the kind of man he always wanted to be.   




The first book in a new series by Ms. Galen. This book was a real treat, and I'm very intrigued by the next two books.   




A Lady Awakened by Cecilia Grant

Baby tropes may be my favorite guilty pleasure in romances.  A Lady Awakened was recommended by Sarah at Smart Bitches, which is how I came to learn about it.  I may have to reread it so I can give it a proper review. 





Coming off a low point (for me) in this series with Serpent's Kiss, I was pleased that Oracle's Moon brought back what I'd originally loved: extraordinary characters.





The first in a new series by Ms. Heath.  I loved every angst-y moment of this book.  Unfortunately, the second book of the series doesn't measure up in my opinion.  But I loved She Tempts the Duke




Thief of Shadows was not my favorite book of Ms. Hoyt's, but I still enjoyed it enough to read it in a day.  Frustrating, especially when I wanted to savor the mysterious Winter Makepeace a little longer.  I am very intrigued by Ms. Hoyt's upcoming book, Lord of Darkness (February 2013).

 
 

A Kiss at Midnight by Eloisa James
When Beauty Tamed the Beast by Eloisa James

I didn't formally review either of these books, but I sped through them quickly.  I'd never read Ms. James until these books.  I loved her voice as well as the structure and over-the-top-ness of these books.  
  



My main complaint about Ms. James is that she only releases one book a year.  I can't help myself; I can't put it down!  

 


I may have liked Blame it on Bath just a bit more than The Way to a Duke's Heart, though I did enjoy this entire series and the de Lacey Dilemma by Ms. Linden.  




My first book by Ms. Maclean, though I have her previous trilogy on my TBR pile at home.  I checked this book out from the library, and loved it!  Ooh, it's so good.  



The Governess Affair by Courtney Milan

There is too much I want to say about this novel(la), so I have yet to write a review.  I swear almost every line of dialogue is highlighted.  It's a problem, but a good problem to have, I think.  




The sixth book in Ms. Shalvis's Lucky Harbor series, Forever and a Day picks up with one of the Chocoholics, Grace, and Dr. Josh Scott.  It is my absolute favorite of this trilogy. 




Ms. Wilde ends her Jubilee, Texas trilogy on a high note in my opinion.  We've met Lisette throughout the course of the two previous novels, and she certainly shined in her own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails